Can I play this online? One person in VR somewhere other thatn where the pc player is?
Aerospace Security Training
A downloadable prototype for Windows
This prototype was created for Nordic Game Jam 2017.
It was made in 48h, with no post-jam work done, and is thus still full of bugs and lacking features. Please keep this in mind when judging the current state of the game.
Welcome to our brand new, top-of-the-line, Facility for Aerospace Security Training, or F.A.S.T.!
Here, we will introduce you to the exciting world of airport security!
In no time, you will have honed your skills in the fine art that is the checking of aviation luggage, and you can start working the job of your dreams. In order to get the best insight, we will approach the topic from both sides:
Packing, and Checking.
So, pair up, and let's begin!
Aerospace Security Training is an asymmetrical multiplayer VR game, where one player in VR (the Packer) tries to hide illegal items into suitcases, while the other player on PC (the Checker) tries to figure out from an X-ray scan whether something illegal is there, or not.
The Packer can stack a variety of common items into the bags in such a way that they obscure illegal items from the X-ray view of the Checker. The Packer scores points for every illegal item that passes, or every time the Checker falsely accuses them of carrying something illegal. Meanwhile, the Checker can only win points for every illegal item they find.
So, the Packer can also try to use the common items to imitate an illegal item, and cause the Checker to claim a false positive!
Known issues to fix + things to add/change:
(someday, maybe, when more time frees up from working on Panoptic)
- This prototype is untested with anything other than the original HTC Vive (non-Pro), and may outright not function with any other VR setup.
- BUG: For some reason, sometimes the items will get stuck to your hands. This doesn't happen all the time, nor with all items, and seems to affect some people more than others.
- The current shader used for the X-ray view makes it a bit too easy to differentiate similarly shaped items. It should be replaced with a more opaque shader, showing variety in object depth and density, instead of their face normal direction.
Also, the X-ray view should be made either orthographic, or with a much narrower field of view, to further help obfuscate items.
- A lot of planned items didn't make it into the game, and some art assets that did make it in need an overhaul.
- The game currently lacks any proper gameplay progression, as well as any gameplay / usability / ... options.
|Updated||5 days ago|
|Authors||Team Panoptes, grungi, thomas_sempai, JanTuts|
|Tags||asymmetric, Comedy, Funny, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, ngj17, nordic-game-jam, Retro, Unity, Virtual Reality (VR)|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey nice concept ! I am myself a game programmeur and would love to fix the controller issue and add random luggage to occupied the players! Would you share your code ?
Um so i'm having a different problem, I can't even pick up anything. Anyone found a fix?
-one desperate boi
for the not realizing objects bug: the trigger is a float. If you are checking for == 0 you might not be accounting for a very small fluctuation of poor hardware
This sucks because I can't let go of the items. It will not let me pack the damn suitcase, I have to spaz my hands out to have them let go.
Yeah Sorry about that! This game, having been made at a game jam, still suffers from a lot of issues. The letting go of items is fairly hit and miss unfortunately :(
Looking forward to trying this! Yall make cool stuff